From our debut at the Air Mobility Experience at the Detroit Auto Show to unveiling our new ICON Enclosed Trailer at EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, ICON has been incredibly active across the U.S. in 2022.
We hope you’ve enjoyed receiving company updates throughout this past year. Here are some of the highlights:
- Flying. Lots of flying. The ICON A5 fleet – which now numbers more than 165 aircraft – will have flown more than 30,000 total hours by the end of this year. That’s a lot of adventures in the sky.
- Deliveries. ICON is on pace to deliver 35 aircraft to excited owners in 2022, which is the most in a single year since 2019. And we’re not slowing down. We have plans to produce 55 – 60 airplanes in 2023.
- Demand. Our current backlog of orders will take us through production positions in June of 2023. Bonus stat: more than 80% of orders are for the Garmin G3X Touch-equipped ICON A5 with autopilot.
- Expansion. We are continuing to develop international sales partners and look forward to addressing pent-up demand from outside the U.S. once we have our Type Certification from the FAA, which we expect by the end of Q1 2023. We’re nearly there.
- Events. We love sharing the ICON Life with excited fans and customers. Some of this year’s highlights included Sun ‘n Fun, EAA AirVenture Oshkosh, the Detroit Auto Show, and dozens of demo days and partner events.
- Discovery. More than 400 new people experienced flying the A5 this year, which means that every day, someone new was learning to fly or expressing interest in owning the A5.
- Community. The growing ICON Owner Community is incredibly passionate and engaged. Chances are, if you meet an ICON Owner, they’re going to talk to you about how much they love their A5.
- Optimization. A big focus in 2022, we worked tirelessly as a company to control costs, optimize our production process, and put the company on a path to success. We made significant progress thanks to our incredible team.
- Challenges. Yes, we faced our fair share of challenges in 2022 (and we know there will be more to come), but when you’re able to overcome adversity, it is character-building. We had supply chain shortages, increases in component costs, and a list of other challenges in the course of running the business. But as a result, we are ending 2022 even stronger and more tenacious.
- The Future. 2023 will be about taking our business plan to the next level. We will continue to implement manufacturing improvements, develop new enhancements for the A5, and produce more A5s than ever before, while also introducing the Certified Edition. Our investors are committed, and we are evaluating a global capital raise to help accelerate product development projects that will enhance marketability.
Bottom line: ICON continues to scale production, enhance and evolve the ICON A5, and support a passionate and growing owner community.
Thank you for your continued support of ICON. Enjoy the holiday season and I wish the best to you and yours.
(and all of Team ICON)